one CMS

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 22:19:44 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 13:34 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2008-08-13 04:01:35 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > We need one CMS solution (for sanity sake), although >1 install might be
> > OK(?), to cover:
> >
> > * fedoraproject.org
> > * docs.fedoraproject.org
> If you don't mind, I'd like to focus this discussion on
> docs.fedoraproject.org first - the way I see it, if a CMS won't work for
> docs, then it's not worth using it on fp.o (plus maintaining a
> completely separate setup for docs).
>
> The one main requirement (featurewise) from fp.o would be not breaking
> translator workflows.  What features/use cases does docs need/want?

You are totally correct.  My reason for jamming it together was to
capture and move one-time the various ACL'd pages in the wiki.  Another
option we've discussed previously is to move them to e.g. Packaging:
namespace.  Then we have to re-jiggle the default search, etc.  But it
is far less disruptive.

Ideally we'd match or improve the l10n workflow, such as by kicking out
PO files from the CMS in to Transifex.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41