Re: CMS focus and scope

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
I just posted an update

http://iquaid.org/2008/08/19/fedora-cms-focus-and-scope/

... which I reposted below[1].

Here is the task's project page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CMS_solution_for_Fedora_Project_websites

The schedule currently allows a long time (~1 month) for scoping and
vetting solutions, then another few weeks for installing a version to
test as a replacement for docs.fp.o.

Just a note: I'm serious about evaluating the security/security-mindedness of the CMS (and its community). In the past we have had to turn mod_security and selinux off while fixing problems. We should not be relying on these to supply our security, instead we should be using them to supplement the security that the existing system enforces.

Please be sure to look into this aspect before setting your heart on one or another of the CMS's in your evaluation.

-Toshio