tomboy, thereby mono shown installed on main website

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 14:00:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:26:24PM -0800, G.LeeJ wrote:
> hi there..
>
> I am just wondering why at the mainwebsite you show a picture of
> fedora running with tomboy, clearly indicating that mono is in
> default install, yet at download page you have livecd, which at
> least up until version9 did NOT include mono or any of its apps..has
> that changed and if not, why does the dvd installer ship mono
> assuming the screenshot on main page is of the dvd installer ?

The Fedora Live CD is limited in size so does not include much of the
software that is default in the DVD installation.

The download page provides ways to get the CD and DVD images.  When we
produce screenshot tours of the desktop, we usually use the software
installed by default from the DVD.

> I know in livecd 9 at least mono was gone and since debian does not
> ship mono out of the box either,I assumed that was why you weren't
> either, at least in livecd.

I don't see how those two could be related.  Mono is free and open
source software and there are a number of popular applications written
in Mono, so it is natural that some of them are going to end up in the
default DVD where there is room for everything *and* the kitchen sink.

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41