Meeting Log - 2008-12-01

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Dec 2 23:28:26 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath wrote:
> I think this is one of those dirty little secrets where we publish
> the information to keep ourselves safe but no one ever uses it.

I'd like to think that I'm not in too small a minority of people who
always verify the .iso files I download...

> I'm not sure if its because they don't care or don't know.

...but then I see how many people get mad that they can no longer
login as root via gdm and I suspect that a lot of users are in the
"don't care" category. :/

Still, if there's a way to fit in a link either to fp.o/verify or some
other page that explains how Fedora protects users by signing the .iso
and packages (which could in turn link to /verify and /keys), I think
that would be another nice selling point for Fedora.

Maybe it can be as simple as slightly different wording for the "Show
me all download options in one page!" balloon -- but nothing is
springing to my mind immediately.

BTW, great job on the website to all involved!  get.fp.o turned out
really nice for this release.

Any clod can have the facts; having opinions is an art.
    -- Charles McCabe