Fedora 10 installation

Tend Wong tendwong at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 02:23:48 UTC 2008

Hi Ignacio,

    Thank you for your prompt reply. I was actually comparing the Live CD with the Full DVD version which I thought should have been the default installation of Fedora. I have since downloaded the Full DVD version with no problems and the setup carried out smoothly. It is my suggestion that the web page for 'Get Fedora' list all the installations for Fedora instead of just providing shortcuts to the Live CD i.e. there should be a shortcut for the Full DVD version as well and it should not be only hidden behind the mirror and torrent links.

    Again I thank you for listening to user's inputs.

Cheers.> Subject: Re: Fedora 10 installation> From: ivazqueznet at gmail.com> To: tendwong at hotmail.com> CC: webmaster at fedoraproject.org> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:01:09 -0500> > On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 16:01 +0800, Tend Wong wrote:> > Hi,> > Thanks for the nicely designed web site for Fedora. I happened to> > download the Live image for F10 but it was by no means intentional. I> > saw that it was an 'Installable Live CD' and I thought this to mean> > the 'Fedora Installation CD'. After downloading then did I realize> > that this was nothing but a demo CD. Also when I went to the torrents> > area, I saw the terms 'i386' and 'x86_64' which I found to be> > confusing. Does 'i386' imply only 386 machines? And does 'x86_64'> > imply both '32 bit x86' and '64 bit x86' machines? I believe the> > common notations 'x86' which refer to all 32 bit Intel x86 machines> > and 'x64' for Intel 64 bit machines are much more easier to> > understand.> > > > Rgds,> > Tend.> > The installable CD is i!
 n fact installable; an icon on the desktop> initiates the installation process.> > As for your other remarks, we will take them into consideration. Thank> you for your input.> > If you want further help with Fedora then please refer to the resources> described here:> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate> > -- > Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com>