Join Fedora

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 29 09:41:50 UTC 2008

Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2008-12-29 03:01:32 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Apparently the "OS Developer" icon in join Fedora page doesn't translate
>> well into "testing" or "maintaining packages" for many people. There was
>> a brief discussion in fedora-devel list starting at
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-December/msg02553.html
>>
>> To summarize, maybe "Fedora Developer", "Developer" or "Developing/
>> Testing" or individual icons for these that point to the same section
>> might be better.
> Thanks for passing this one - we actually discussed this at our last
> meeting, and Marc Ferguson sent out a couple of emails asking for
> feedback for our join page.  It has been pretty quiet for now (holidays,
> I guess), but our next big goal for this release is to improve our
> join-fedora page (much like we improved get-fedora last time).

Sorry, I am not following meeting notes much these days.

Does the goal include improving http://spins.fedoraproject.org?
Personally, I would put that as a higher priority than join page. We
have a increasingly large number of spins and the traffic directed
towards them has clearly gone down with the new Get Fedora page because
the spins are more or less invisible for the large majority of users.

Rahul