Fwd: comments on website

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 7 07:27:12 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David O'Brien" <daobrien at redhat.com>
To: webmaster at fedoraproject.org
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:50:20 +1000
Subject: comments on website
Hi
A friend of mine is getting back into Linux after a *very* long absence
(perhaps never used it, only UNIX). He originally installed Ubuntu but I
pointed him to the fedora website after I said I could better help with
issues (I really only use RHEL and Fedora).

His comments on the download site were along the lines of "What does all
this mean?" "What's i686?" "How do I know what I'm supposed to
download?" "What's Gnome/KDE live media?"

Perhaps in the interests of smoothing the way for people who don't know
much about Fedora (or Linux in general), and the different install
options, you could introduce some basic help text or sub-headings to
help get them up and running.

cheers

--

David O'Brien <mailto:daobrien at redhat.com>