Am I mistaken?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 16 00:42:55 UTC 2008

Scott Brower wrote:
> I can't find a set of DL CD ISOs for Fedora 8 anywhere...I don't want to
> DL a 3 gig DVD ISO file...and I need the separate CDs to be able to get
> the apps I need off of them. Are these available somehwere on the site
> (or elsewhere that you know of?)
>
> My reason for having to do this is because my PC with the DVD burner is
> DEAD and I need to get Fedora 8 on my laptop...sans DVD burner, but with
> wireless usb adapter so I doubt that a live CD is gonna do the trick for
> me.

You can either use the live cd iso images which are installable or get
the cd set at

http://fedoraunity.org/news-archives/fedora-8-cd-sets-released

Note that live cd can be converted into a bootable USB image too

# yum install livecd-tools
# livecd-iso-to-disk <isofile> <devicename> (ex: /dev/sdb1)

Rahul