Exporting to plaintext for FWN

Oisin Feeley oisin.feeley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 21:02:00 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Two questions concerning the method by which Fedora Weekly News is
turned from a wikipage into plaintext for email purposes:

1. If we use external wikilinks (such as [http://someurl.com Some URL]
in what format will these be rendered during export to plaintext?

2. How/where is the plaintext generated?

If someone can point me to appropriate reading material on this then
I'd be grateful.  I Googled around for information on general
MediaWiki exporting and only found information about XML exporting.  A
brief search of the last 5 months of this mailing list's archives also
revealed nothing.

Thanks for any assistance,

Oisin Feeley