About Planet App

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 23:44:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 18:49 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2008-07-17 11:59:49 PM, Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
> > We in Brazil are planning to create a local Planet Fedora, a page just
> > in pt_BR. The original idea came because a lot of users doesn't read
> > english and doesn't want to search something in portuguese in a blog
> > with 95% written in english.
> >
> > My question is, with application do you use in Planet Fedora? How can I
> > create a server like the original only with our blogs? I know that the
> > new version use Fedora Account System, so I'm interesting in all
> > applications used in the old aggregator verion.
> We're currently using Venus (http://www.intertwingly.net/code/venus/).
> I'm not sure if it's in Fedora yet, although we should have a package
> for it in the Infrastructure repo:
> http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/el/5/SRPMS/venus-bzrrev86-1.el5.src.rpm

We can aggregate the pt_BR stuff on the official Planet Fedora as well.

I think this brings up the need for some sort of way that Planet readers
can select a feed based on one or more languages they prefer.

Let's all make sure that we are not producing separate "splinter"
communities, but instead, communities that are an important part of the
whole Fedora community, with their own special flavor!

--
Paul W. Frields