Fedora Applications proof-of-concept

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 17:55:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a web application called 'Fedora Applications'.  I've
gotten to the point where I have a publicly available proof-of-concept
level web app available.

Fedora Applications is designed to be an easy way to find and install
applications for Fedora.  The public instance is
at: http://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/amber

Feel free to poke around and get a feel for some of the functionality.
There's still a lot of warts and every ugly places.  Any prettiness is
entirely due to help from Máirín.  Mike Langlie is also going to be
helping me get it looking better.

One warning - this box isn't considered stable at all, and may go down
or implode at any time.  If it doesn't work, try again in a few
minutes, and then send me an email.

The current plan is to style and brand it as a Fedora web application,
like Koji, Bodhi, package DB, et al.  To that end, any help you guys can
give keeping Mike and I in line with the Fedora brand guidelines is
much appreciated.

The code running Fedora Applications is called 'Amber', and can be
found here:

https://fedorahosted.org/amber/

Along with a better product definition and other info.  Patches
cheerfully accepted, of course.  If anyone wants git commit access,
just apply to the 'gitamber' group in FAS.

Thanks,

-RN

--
Robin Norwood