Re: Fedora Applications proof-of-concept

Robin Norwood wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:43:13 +0300
Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro> wrote:

Mike Langlie wrote:
Here are mockups reworking the Applications page and an individual application page.
http://yipyop.com/fedora/images/fedora_apps.png
http://yipyop.com/fedora/images/fedora_app_page.png
Those are looking good and you saved me a cry about the current proof-of-concept using the Impact font :D

Heh.  Yes, it's true, Robin sucks at fonts as well. :-)   I recognize
my disability, though.  What fonts should I use?  The only font
specification I've got in my custom css (I'm inheriting the fedora css)
is:

The fonts in Mike's mockup looks just fine.

    font-family: impact,sans-serif;

Suggestions/patches cheerfully suggested.

Using "impact" is a sin :p

The website is intended for Fedora users (to install Feedora applications or rate the Fedora applications they like) but that font is *not* included in Fedora (it is part of MS Core Fonts), so the average user of the application will not see it as you intended (I noticed because doing graphics I have a lot of fonts installed on my system).

This is why is wise to not use fancy fonts in such cases, stay with the basics, fedoraproject.org uses "sans-serif" and does not look bad at all (IMO).