Top nav bar help

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:07:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 17:05 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I got a chance to sit down and work on the top nav bar and also on
> making the home page look a little more like the one the design for
> Fedora App DB but I could do with some help:
>
> a) How can I get my local git repo into Fedora People so other people
> can grab my version?
> b) The colours don't look quite right to me. I've been using the
> Fedora Logo colours...
> c) There's some bits of the CSS that still need fixing, like the top
> border on the content section covering the right background/border
> image
>
> There's a screenshot of what I've done so far at:
>
> http://jonrob.fedorapeople.org/fp_home1.png
>
> There's also a screenshot of an old take that no longer has code where
> the top nav bar is a different colour and looks a little better to me:
>
> http://jonrob.fedorapeople.org/fp_home.png
>
> Best,
>
> Jon

Im not sure i like the idea of having the navigation links on the top
nav bar. I think it looks too hidden to the user that way (maybe making
the links more noticeable would work...?..)

I would suggest leaving the navigation links on the left nav column and
in exchange setting the tools (Planet, Wiki... etc) on the top as they
seem more like some other sites and not really the navigation for the
fp.o site

anyway... it does look good to have a navigation bar on the top.. good
work JonRob :)

--
Juan Camilo Prada
jprada at fedoraproject.org