Top nav bar help

Juan Camilo Prada Ojeda juankprada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:05:49 UTC 2008

2008/7/11 Jonathan Roberts <jonrob at fedoraproject.org>:

> > Im not sure i like the idea of having the navigation links on the top
> > nav bar. I think it looks too hidden to the user that way (maybe making
> > the links more noticeable would work...?..)
>
> This design was based on Mo's spins page design, and I think quite
> works well because it could be consistent across all fedora web sites
> providing a consistent place for users to turn to for general
> navigation around the page. It could also take the login links etc
> where applicable.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Spins/Mockup/
>
> That said, I'm open to feedback :)

Yeap i already looked into those mockups but take into a count that in those
examples, the top navigation bar shows links to sites that are not part of
the spins site and provide easy access to the other fedora tools/sites
different from the spins site links

Now in the mockup you made, the links on the top are actually the fp.o
navigation links and we left to the left navigation column all other links
to other fedora tools/sites which is exactly the opposite to what  Mo did on
her mockups

> > anyway... it does look good to have a navigation bar on the top.. good
> > work JonRob :)
>
> Thanks...also the code is now available for people to use and tweak:
>
> git clone git://fedorapeople.org/~jonrob/fedora-web/<http://fedorapeople.org/%7Ejonrob/fedora-web/>
>
> Would love a bit of help! Giarc, I didn't use your instructions in the
> end but Jeremy Katz's that he posted a while ago - think he's made
> some changes to make it easier so you might want to take a look at
> that:
>
> http://katzj.livejournal.com/430978.html
>
> Jon

I would like to help on this, but new job has got all my time so far (i hope
i can have some free time later to work on this and the spins section)

Juank