About Planet App

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 21 20:30:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 13:27 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 14:55 -0400, Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
> > seth vidal escreveu:

> > > doesn't work - many people post in mutliple languages and the point of
> > > the .planet.something option is so we can have arbitrary aggregation,
> > > not just language-based aggregation.
> > >
> > > -sv
> > >
> > In my opinion a .planet.pt_BR is the best choice, this way a user can
> > add himself as a pt_BR, english, spanish, as we wants.
>
> Also let's us do:
>
> .planet.docs
> .planet.ambassadors
> .planet.art
>
> etc.
>
> Seth -- did you stop at the second dot?  Or did you include tertiary
> filtering, e.g.:
>
> .planet.ambassadors.en_US

the group is just anything that arbitrarily follows the .planet. Each
group has to be manually set up in the backend so going hog-wild doesn't
really help us. More to the point it takes a bit of time to generate
these feeds for each new one we have. So, segmenting it out to the nth
degree has a cost.

-sv