Re: Join Page Refresh

----- "Jeremy Katz" <katzj redhat com> wrote:
> 3) Lowers the barrier to finding what you're interested in and seeing
> that you want to get involved

Sorry to jump in and be somewhat off topic, but I had thought.

It would be interesting if users filled in a profile of their interests and skills (not to mention their blog feed etc perhaps). Ideas for questions could probably be gleaned from resume posting sites. (I can program in: o Perl, o Python, o Etc...)

Based on this profile FAS groups, mailings lists, etc could be suggested. At the same time project leaders could mine accounts looking for potential helpers. It would basically be a more structured self-introduction email with more staying power.

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3