planet progress

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jun 3 05:53:13 UTC 2008

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 23:08 -0400, Craig Thomas wrote:
>> Sorry to miss the meeting.  I have not progressed as far as I had
>> hoped, but, as promised I have posted my progress:
>>
>> http://craigt.fedorapeople.org/planet/planet.html
>
> Alright, time for some more bike-shedding.
>
> - Did you increase the size of the post text? Maybe I'm getting old, but
> there doesn't seem to be an awful improvement there.

This is probably the biggest remaining problem.

> - It should "RSS" and "Atom" in the FEEDS section.

I don't think Planet can do that without additional patching.

For me, is worse that the "feeds" text is always on a new line,
resulting is an excessive height for the list.

> - Perhaps putting a RSS icon instead of "(feed)" after each name would
> be better.

Yup, this is *the* solution, an icon would cover both "RSS" and "Atom"
cases and will decrease the width (hopefully enough to not have two
lines per item any more)

> - "To see your blog" blurb at the bottom is no longer accurate.

This is trivial to fix.

> - The gradient at the top of each post appears to change color when it
> reaches the blue bar, and the blank area "over" the blue bar appears to
> be a slightly different color than the blank area in the post.
> - The bottom of the blue bar isn't curved.

I would say: increase the font size and go live. The rest of issues are
small enough that they can be easily fixed after.