"Default" spin of Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jun 11 20:24:13 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler a écrit :
> 1. Do we really want to highlight a "default" spin on the front page,
> effectively hiding the others ?

I think it is *very* important to emphasize a default spin, not
necessarily by hiding others, but to make sure casual Fedora users do
not run away when confronted by a choice they're not ready to make.

To quote a wikipedia article I skimmed today:

|« The "Sculley Era" at Apple was characterized by market division and
further subdivision, with a large number of models  [...] This strategy
backfired, as it resulted in high [...] marketing costs, as well as
market confusion. Buyers would look at similar machines in a store, each
conceived for a particular market but usable elsewhere, and with
comparable performance specifications, and become confused as to which
product to buy. »