"Default" spin of Fedora

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 12 13:28:56 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> That's where we disagree. I think presenting them both options the same way is
> the way to let them pick their own preference, we should not try to think for
> them.

I assume then that you haven't spend much time with non-technical users.
  Just show the current download page to someone who is not deeply
familiar with Linux and watch the confusion. Note carefully the number
of questions which aren't answered there.

> But do you really want to leave new users with the impression that
> Fedora "doesn't have" OpenOffice.org? Because that's what they'll think if
> the live CDs

Well that's a problem for any non-default application which can be
solved by intelligent tools. Refer recent PackageKit discussions.

Rahul