new front page with one-click download - a review

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 02:44:46 UTC 2008

Juan asked for some specific replies about his latest proposal:

http://jprada.fedorapeople.org/out/en/

I had some comments buried in an earlier reply, but I'll redo from
scratch.  The page looks great, so naturally I have to talk about really
small stuff, like 2 pixels. :D

* More source for feeds
  - I do like the idea of pulling in the first ... 25 words(?) of the
feed

* "Ready to use operating system"    /* do not capitalize 'operating */
                                     /* system'                      */

* "Use it, modify it, and distribute it"  /* use a comma before the
                                          /* final conjunction (and) */
                                          /* in a serial list        */

* "Latest free software technology"  /* 'Free Software' is not a     */
                                     /* proper noun in English.      */

* The icon next to "Download Fedora!" looks to my eye as if it needs to
move two pixels to the left.  It actually looks as if that line is
right-justified or centered.  If you reduce the font size to
super-small, it moves farther right.

* The area with the explanation that, "Fedora is a Linux-based operating
system ..." bleeds far over to the right gutter.  I don't know where we
are on fixed-width v. flexible, but this is in between and ... doesn't
quite work like that.  My preference for this layout would be to have it
stop on the right side at the same place as the right-edge of the feeds
column.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41