question about Linux

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 4 15:28:22 UTC 2008

493920156 wrote:
> Hi
> I’m studying at FU JEN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY. And I have a school project to try out Linux and Open Office in PC. But, before doing that, I have three questions would need your advice.
> 1.	Does your company offer free update service? (Like “Windows Update”?)

> 2.	Does your company offer Version Upgrade? If yes, what will be the impact to existing version user? Or your company will only offer release upgrade and I don’t have to do anything but just download the new release from your web side?
> 3.	About two questions, will they be any cost to me?

[This webmaster id is only for questions or feedback regarding the
website. In the future, head to fedora-list or use the Ask Fedora column
in Fedora Weekly News for your questions]

Fedora as a distribution is completely free including all updates and
upgrades. There is no cost for any of the software that we provide. Note
that Fedora is build within a community and while Red Hat and other
organizations participate in it, it is not solely a company that is
providing you the software.

If you want to learn more, refer

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

Rahul