Fedora 8 image files

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 19 19:04:52 UTC 2008

On 2008-03-19 02:31:22 PM, Joe Darcy wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> I've tried multiple times to download the image of Fedora 8, both
> Bittorrent and from a mirror.  In all cases, when I have the media test
> itself, it says that the file is corrupted and I shouldn't install.
> Perhaps there is a problem with the files available for download.
If you experienced the exact same problem with BitTorrent, then it is
unlikely that the problem is on our side.  BitTorrent does hash
checking, so it would be very unlikely that you got a corrupted file
from there.

Is there any other place where there could be a problem?  You might also
have some luck with some of the resources listed at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate.

Good luck,
Ricky