Beta Release Notes

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 00:44:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 09:47 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> > > Great point.  We should also give thought to where we provide links to
> > > these notes too, and direct them to the static page.
> >
> > IIRC, the actual wiki page is turned 'immutable' and actually served as
> > static from that URL.
>
> If there's not a significant load from calling Moin and having it
> assemble everything to display the page, then that sounds fine.  Did
> that work OK, performance-wise, in the past?

They've always performed horribly in the past.  Basically we use wget to
get the page and then use apache to serve just that link as a static page.
We've had to do this for almost every release when someone linked to the
wiki directly.

We try to do it as close to the date a possible though because the page
cannot be changed without taking the static option away.

	-Mike