further get-fedora progress

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Mon May 5 22:18:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 17:54 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Craig Thomas wrote:
> >

> >> I have posted an update, that allows just that...(it may still
> >> mis-behave a little but this is not meant as a finished work).
> >>
> >> http://craigt.fedorapeople.org/get-fedora-2/get-fedora
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >
> > Desktop live cd should be the first choice as Jeremy Katz indicated.
> > There seems to be a large amount of spacing in between choices which can
> > be reduced. Torrent should be a first choice. Choice of a network
> > installation and direct link to mirrors.
> >
> > There should be a link to the release summary which then links to
> > release notes, installation guide etc.
>
> Attached is a paper mockup I did a while back with Jeremy, what do you
> think?
>
> ~m

We definitely are going to integrate some explanatory text and a better
interface. And of course the links to "how to use the file" and the
installation guides will be there.

Im not sure about hiding KDE and spins as "other options" as it would
rest importance to those versions, what we are trying to do is exactly
the opposite by trying to show all available options at the same level,
specially with Spins.

Also those icons-like things ;) ... we are looking for some that fits
each option in the selection process, current ones from fp.o are too big
and there is not one for each option, probably you could help us here
with your great designs Máirín! :)

--
Juan Camilo Prada <jprada at fedoraproject.org>