Fedora distribution..

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:17:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Joe Siebenmann <joe131 at excite.com> wrote:

>  You should, at least, have it broken-up into several CD images,
>  the way you use to.  Keep the DVD images, but somewhere, give
>  people a chance to download CD images or something smaller.

Note that with the release of Fedora 9, we will once again begin to
host CD sets on the mirrors.  Also, we will be supporting jigdo
downloading of the CD set as well as the DVD.

It's also worth noting that the DVD is not the "entire distribution"
but just those pieces that are picked out to be on the installation
media.  The actual distro is larger than what will fit on even a
dual-layer DVD.

Thanks!
-Jon.