Comments from slashdot

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 18 18:40:51 UTC 2008

On 2008-05-18 12:23:06 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> http://tech.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=556388&cid=23450894
>
> That one is specific to websites (just throwing it out there) but the rest
> of the conversation is also interesting.
Aw, the fedora.org/fedora.com comment just hurts.  I'm sure that this
has been asked/done before, but have we ever spoken to the owners of
those domains?  What kind of response did we get?

The get-fedora comment is definitely valid, though (and it's good to see
some progress being made in this area).  I took another look at
opensuse's download page (http://software.opensuse.org/), and I'm
starting to like it more and more.  I don't think the 4 steps look very
indimidating to users at all, and I like that they don't bother too much
with fancy animations (as a side-affect of this, there's already a
reasonable default download link at the bottom, so you only need one
click to download the i386 install DVD).

Any thoughts on this?
Ricky