New Member Introduction

ylynfatt ylynfatt at flowja.com
Thu May 22 02:41:23 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com>
To: ylynfatt <ylynfatt at flowja.com>
Cc: fedora-websites-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: New Member Introduction
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:26:26 -0500 (CDT)

>On Wed, 21 May 2008, ylynfatt wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> My apologies for not introducing myself sooner. My name
>> is Yannick Lyn Fatt (ylynfatt on IRC), a Web Developer
>> who would like to contribute to the Fedora Websites
>> Project. I currently work with the Web Team at the
>> University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica. I
>> know (x)HTML, CSS and a little JavaScript. I use PHP
>> mostly for development, but wouldn't mind learning Python
>> if necessary. I'm new to contributing to an Open Source
>> project but look forward to helping out where needed.
>>
>> I'm assuming the migration to the new wiki is one of the
>> more pressing items at the moment. Anything in particular
>> I can assist with?
>>

>Right at this moment now, but we did recently decide to do
>a pre-deployment of the new wiki on Friday.  This will
>allow us from Friday to Tuesday to go and fix up the wiki
>so its in good shape for the actual deployment on Tuesday.
>The only catch is that pages changed between Friday and
>Tuseday will get overwritten but that should only be a
>small subset of stuff.
>
>For now you can check out and look for horrible flaws at
>https://publictest1.fedoraproject.org/wiki/
>
>Also if you're a mediawiki expert let us know that as well,
>it'll come in handy.
>
>    -Mike

Mike, thanks for the heads up. I'm no mediawiki expert
(honestly I've never posted to a wiki before) but I'll
certainly be on the lookout for any flaws.

If I do find any flaws, do I just post here on the mailing
list or is there some other method? Also is there a current
list of known issues/flaws I can take a look at so that I
don't repeat something that has already been mentioned?

- Yannick