Introduction: Basil Mohamed Gohar

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Mon May 26 04:20:54 UTC 2008

Hello Fedora Web team!

My name is Basil Mohamed Gohar, and I am interested in helping out the
Fedora Project by contributing some of skills relating to web
development & server administration.

As for my relevant background, I have been developing PHP & MySQL web
applications since 2000 (so for more than 7 years).  I've developed
several web sites from scratch, as well as worked on modifications
(usually for a private company) of several free software apps, such as
Moodle & WordPress.  I also lease & administer two GNU/Linux servers
hosted in a data center in Dallas with ThePlanet, on which I host myriad
web site, mostly mine, but also those of a few friends and projects with
which I am associated.  I have maintained these servers for nearly four
years.  One of them, in fact, is a mirror for the Fedora Unity Re-Spin
project.  Incidentally, I am experienced with the Apache HTTPd web
server, including working extensively with mod_rewrite.

As an avid user of Fedora, I hope that I can contribute these skills for
the benefit of the Fedora Project.  While I realize that I'll probably
be joining a group far more skilled than myself, I also feel that this
would be a great opportunity for me to grow my skills.

You can see a bit more of my tastes & interests by checking-out my blog:
http://www.basilgohar.com/blog/

So, with all of this, I hope someone from the Website team would be
willing to sponsor me to join the project!  I am really looking forward
to this opportunity.  Please do let me know if there are any other steps
I need to take before requesting a sponsor.

--Basil