SVG files in the wiki

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed May 28 07:41:02 UTC 2008

One of the awesome features in MediaWiki is its ability to display SVG
graphics, poth in the special image pages and embedded anywhere, like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_logo.svg

It does not seems to work on our wiki, see for example
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_MarketingCollateral_poweredby_sticker_classic.svg

I am not sure about the cause, I do not have experience in installing
and configuring MediaWiki, the feature may need to be enabled somewhere.
Or it may be because the wrong MIME type is served for SVGs,
"text/plain" instead of "image/svg+xml", look for example at
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/58/Artwork_MarketingCollateral_poweredby_sticker_classic.svg

Of course, the problem is not new, we had troubles accessing SVGs in
Moin too, but now it is accentuated as we miss some cool features.