common theme for domain list cont'd

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri May 30 00:32:26 UTC 2008

Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> I'm certain that it would require the site to be more dynamic than it is
> now, and thus, more CPU intensive.  If I'm the only one that wants this
> feature, then yeah, we can put it on the backburner.
>
> So, is venus the name of the Planet software that's being used?

I think it would be a useful thing for people but it's a pretty big
change from what we have now.  The current planet is just an agregator.
  Making it more dynamic begins to cross into the realm of online feed
reader.  (With the qualification that this particular feed reader might
be used more for its own RSS feed than for actual reading on the web.)

More than having extra CPU cycles, we'd need to figure out what that
kind of planet.fp.o would offer that something like google reader does
not and also who would code and maintain such an app.

Note: this could fit within the goals of myfedora but it's not something
anyone's currently working on there.

-Toshio