Mailing list "Reply-To" default to list?

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Sat May 31 02:15:38 UTC 2008

I've noticed that the Red Hat mailing lists do not default to filling
the Reply-To field with the address of the list, but rather, replies go
to the sender.  The obvious consequence of this is that we either have
to manually edit our To: field in our mailer or we hit 'reply-all" and
consequently, people get duplicate messages.

I know one of the problems with a Reply-To to the list is that automatic
replies might trigger e-mail storms, but I think most modern mailing
list managers handle this.

Has this already been discussed to death?

--Basil