Front page links to pkgdb?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Nov 11 18:10:31 UTC 2008

Someone asked on IRC today how someone who is not a Fedora user could
know if a particular piece of software is packaged for Fedora.  I
pointed them to pkgdb (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/) but
then went to the web site to try to understand why they couldn't
figure that out for themselves.  I didn't find any links in the more
obvious places I looked.  I guess they could browse a mirror tree from
via the Get Fedora link, but that's not much of an interface.

I'm not very good at writing reasonable documentation, but it seems
that adding a "What's in Fedora" section to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview would be just one click from
the front page, but I don't want to go in and screw up something
that's just one click from the front page.

 - J<