Issue with the DVD iso download?

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:51:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 11:29 -0500, Honnon, Chris wrote:
> I'm attempting to download the 3.3 gig DVD iso at the following link
> and am not having any luck getting anything but a 0k empty file:
>
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-9-i386-DVD.iso
>
> I am looking for potential issues on my side but I thought I would at
> least attempt to drop a note to this address to report the trouble in
> case it is an issue with the link or one of the mirrors, etc.
>
> I am able to DL the file by browsing to
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/ and clicking on the file itself.

http://download.fedoraproject.org/ doesn't actually have the files; it
just redirects to one of the many public mirrors that Fedora has. And
not all web servers handle files larger than 2GiB properly. It is
possible that you got 2 different mirrors each of the times you tried to
get the file, one not working well with the size, and one that was.