Purchase Op system

jackson1552 at roadrunner.com jackson1552 at roadrunner.com
Fri Nov 14 06:56:16 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a Linux operating system for
my new computer I just put together.

My system consists of:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ dual-core CPU
ASUS M2A-VM motherboard
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 (2 X 1GB modules) TWIN 2X2048-6400
  800 MHz in dual-channel mode
Western Digital 160GB SATA hard drive
CD ROM

I have a Windows 98 disc and a Windows XP Home Ed upgrade disc
but win98 can't start my system. Not wanting to purchase
more Windows and I've heard much about Linux (we use
it at work, Fedora).

My price range is about $40, I need CD rom, and would
like a fairly easy install.

Would your OS run on my system ??

Also, if possible, I would like to run some windows programs (emulators ?),
surf the web, play a few games, and the OS manual on
the CD. Mainsream / general public type OS (Intel compatable).
Would prefer a 32-bit OS, have a lot of windows 32-bit programs.
Include OpenOffice. Blu-ray ?

Please help, thanks,   Mike

jackson1552 at roadrunner.com