preparing websites content for Fedora 10

Craig Thomas bicycle.nutz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:06:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of the important topics that came out of our sparsely attended Websites
> meeting last night was that the freeze for all websites content related F10
> is 3 weeks prior to the release.  Therefore, we should make it our goal to
> have everything finished and approved on our November 3 meeting.
>
> Things that need to be done:
>
> (1) Text on the front page of fedoraproject.org
>
> (2) Artwork for different places on our website.
>
> (3) (MOST IMPORTANT) The get-fedora page, with all of the updates and
> suggestions that have been discussed since the F9 release

I had been collaborating with Juan Prada on a draft of one of his
ideas prior to Fudcon.  I know there were other ideas floating around
and that some usability testing has happened since then.

We also, as a group, had a goal of 'one click to download' Fedora,
besides the general improvement to get-fedora.

I beleive the following threads are were our progress slowed to it's
current state:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2008-May/msg00094.html

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2008-May/msg00032.html

and

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2008-May/msg00053.html

the .drawing/attached pdf in mo's post is of particular interest as it
is a very good idea for the get-fedora page.

--
Craig

Also, jprada's idea:

http://jprada.fedorapeople.org/out/en/get-fedora