About breaking GPL license and copyrights on Fedora Core.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 10 21:58:09 UTC 2008

Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> There is no need to translate. Refer http://www.linux-xp.com/. I haven't
>> looked for source code.
>
> Interesting.  I tried the "Buy Now" and "Download Now" links on the
> English version of the site and got nowhere. I do notice mention that
> I have to register in order to use the product beyond a 30-day
> evaluation period. I *think* that this may be an issue under GPLv3
> section 6, if there is any GPLv3 software in the distro, which cannot
> obviously be determined without a copy of it.

This is a Russian organization. I doubt we want to waste money trying to
get a hold of this product to hunt down whether the restrictions on the
end product is evasive of any specific license within. Wikipedia article
states that they do not respond to email. It doesn't appear to have made
any new releases and seems to be dead.

Rahul