Fedora 10 countdown banner

Paolo Leoni hydra84 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:33:27 UTC 2008

Hi Mo, first of all thank you for your precious hints.
I've follow them about the banner #2, you can find it in the new version
to this link:

http://pleoni.altervista.org/fedora10-countdown-banner_2c.svg
http://pleoni.altervista.org/fedora10-countdown-banner_2c.png

Máirín Duffy ha scritto:
> - I don't know if this would work, but I would try for
> mockup purposes a horizontal split layout as well as this
> vertical split layout. What I mean by this is try putting
> the "Fedora 10 Cambridge" text to the top left of the
> graphic, and run the "released in 20 days" text across the
> bottom. We do have a bit of a pattern of running this kind
> of text along the bottom of the banners as in this one:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_PromoBanners_fedora9alpha-banner_mo.png
> (the full library is here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners#Promo_Banners)
> so it may be worth a shot just to see what it looks like. I
> know we've gone with the vertical split design for the
> countdown banners for a while, but it might be nice to try
> some consistency with the other banners we do.

I've also tried to make a "horizontal styled" banner like you have
suggested:

http://pleoni.altervista.org/fedora10-countdown-banner_3.svg
http://pleoni.altervista.org/fedora10-countdown-banner_3.png

> Anyhow, I hope this feedback is helpful. I am really glad
> that you took this work item on because we really need this
> banner design. Thanks!
>
> ~m

Sure, your feedback was very helpful, thank you :-)

--
Paolo Leoni ~ http://pleoni.altervista.org
GPG fingerprint:  DAD1 6419 D42B 0B1C D9E1 A9CB 4587 4812 17F7 F764