Resent: Download Link for Fedora 9 DVD 32-bit not working!

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Sep 8 05:28:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:17:30AM +0200, Klaus-Peter Hahn wrote:
> Dear Matt,
>
> ALL MIRRORS are affected - try it yourself! Probably one of the source
> mirrors has accidently deleted the ISO image and left a shortcut, so
> everywhere you have a shortcut now and NO more DVD ISO IMAGE.

This is not my experience.  The master mirrors have the full DVD
image.  I tried downloading 5 times, each time received a different
mirror, and downloaded many megabytes before I stopped it.

Due to the GeoIP and netblock lookups, it's possible you are being
redirected to the same (broken) mirror each time.  Please try:

wget -S 'http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-9-i386-DVD.iso'

and note which mirror you are being redirected to.  Try a few times
and see if it's the same mirror each time.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch