maybe urgent: out of date email on keys page for gpg fingerprint?

Michael Cook mich_cook at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 08:57:15 UTC 2008

Howdy,

On this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/keys
It says to run this command:

gpg --fingerprint fedora at redhat.com
which seems like it might be out of date. Running this on a Fedora 9 system that has received the updated key package will return nothing, as shown below [0]. Unless I have been compromised (which Fedora assures us shouldn't have happened with this), the correct email for the fingerprint is fedora at fedoraproject.org. This is probably important to update because of the focus that should be paid attention to it at the present time. :)  The fingerprint matches, so I assume that it is the page that was maybe a little out of date. I was going to just fix it myself, but I don't think there's a way for me to do that on that page (which is understandable). Thanks and ttyl,

mich

[0]

[root at supergrover ~]# gpg --fingerprint fedora at redhat.com
gpg: error reading key: public key not found
[root at supergrover ~]# gpg --fingerprint fedora at fedoraproject.org
pub   1024D/6DF2196F 2008-08-27
      Key fingerprint = 4FFF 1F04 010D EDCA E203  591D 62AE C3DC 6DF2 196F
uid                  Fedora (8 and 9) <fedora at fedoraproject.org>
sub   4096g/9E198F60 2008-08-27

[root at supergrover ~]#