Questions about Wiki translations

Jean-Baptiste Hétier me at djib.fr
Wed Aug 5 08:40:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

I would be interested in translating Wiki Pages from English to French.  I
have read the instructions on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Languages#Translating but I have a few
questions left before getting started.

First of all, as I understood, the translation's dictionary (FrenchDict for
instance) is supposed to be a mapping between English pages and translated
pages.  I've had a look at FrenchDict and GermanDict and was surprised to
see that they both contain such a mapping *and* translations of English
terms into French and German.  Did I miss something or are such
translations of English terms not supposed to be part of the dictionary?

Also, how does the Wiki uses that dictionary?  On the Wikipedia for
example, when a page is available in other languages, there is a link in
the left-hand menu.  Is there a similar feature on FedoraProject?  Is it
not active for the moment?

Eventually, how can a user search for pages in his/her language?  Such a
feature is (I think) essential but I didn't find it.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely
--
Jean-Baptiste