Fedora Insight update: the Websites team rocketh / will be taking back-end after launch.

Hiemanshu Sharma hiemanshu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 16:43:23 UTC 2009

On 12/19/2009 09:58 PM, Mel Chua wrote:
> Went to the Websites meeting yesterday to talk about Fedora Insight.
>
> Short version: We've got us some CSS help from Websites to finish up
> theming, and they'll be taking on maintenance of the back-end (FWN and
> Marketing will continue to own workflow and content) once we do the
> initial launch: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites#Fedora_Insight
>
> What this means immediately:
>
> CSS design tickets are getting worked on.
> (https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=~insight&order=priority)
>

> I've cc'd everyone with FAS access to the theme group and everyone who
> owns a Fedora Insight CSS/Design ticket to make sure they're informed,
> know who the others working on the theme are, and can (possibly) make
> arrangements to sprint on IRC together; I'd suggest making sure that
> both the Websites and Design teams know when and where that work will be
> happening.
>
> We'll also have proper versioning for theme stuff, finally - thanks to
> Hiemanshu for getting us into git! (Hosting ticket =
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1886, but it's
> just been taken care of.)
>
> Hiemanshu should be posting "here's the repo / how to use it"
> instructions shortly, I believe.
>
> --Mel
Mel when you say something consider it done :)
Anyways the repo is located at
git://git.fedorproject.org/git/fedora-insight-theme.git, Right now the
git is empty, I will soon be uploading the files for the theme.
You can checkout the theme anonymously using git clone
git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/fedora-insight-theme.git, People who are
a part of the group gitfedora-insight-theme (FAS Group) can check out
using git clone ssh://git.fedoraproject.org/git/fedora-insight-theme.git
(Commit Access). To use the theme just copy over the fedora folder
inside the git repo and paste in the /path/to/zikula/theme folder and
change the settings in the Admin Panel.
If you want to help with the theme ping me or mchua.

For People with access:
If you make any change in the theme directly on the server (pt6) make
sure that you copy over the changes you made to the theme and to keep
the git repo updated always.

If you need any help just ping me in #fedora-{websites,mktg} I go by the
nick hiemanshu.

Regards,

Hiemanshu Sharma.