Fedora 10 i386 DVD download - Error 403 forbidden

Matt Domsch mdomsch at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 8 17:50:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:16:41PM -0500, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2009-02-02 11:59:04 AM, Doug Head wrote:
> > I am trying to download the Fedora 10 i386 DVD iso. By direct download. But I
> > am getting a forbidden error message. I have tried this on 2 different
> > computers on 2 completely different networks, and am getting the same result.
> > Please verify that the correct access for this file is granted so that I can
> > download this .iso.
> >
> > Please see below for the error I am getting,
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >

> > Forbidden
> >
> > You don't have permission to access /pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/
> > iso/Fedora-10-i386-DVD.iso on this server.
> Hi, and thanks for the report.  I'm CCing this email to our mirror
> wrangler, who will contact the administrators of the mirror.  Until this
> gets fixed, try some alternative download URLs at:
>
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-i386-DVD.iso

is getting directed to:
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-i386-DVD.iso

which fails.  The sysadmin knows this, as the directory listing
thereof has this note:

Due to size restrictions with some clients you will need to use the
FTP server to download the DVD ISO file. Please browse this directory
via
ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/iso/

So, it is available via ftp, but not http.

In this instance, it would be better for the mirror admin (copied) to
do a redirect on /iso/ to the FTP URL, to avoid the fact that the
server can't serve up >4GB files.

aarnet, can you do so?

Thanks,
Matt