Release Calendar(GCal)

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 05:12:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Kamisamanou Burgess
<kamisamanou at kamisamanou.net> wrote:
> Reply below
>
> Sayonara,
> Kamisamanou Burgess
> http://www.kamisamanou.net
>

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 20:57, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Kamisamanou Burgess
>> <kamisamanou at kamisamanou.net> wrote:
>> > I think it is time for me to clarify my purpose.
>> > 1. I want to know if anybody on this list has created a Google Calendar
>> > for
>> > the Fedora Releases that is kept current and up to date as often as
>> > possible.
>>
>> I understand your purpose for this email, I was hoping you might help
>> join a bigger project.  I am responding to you, saying that whether or
>> not it has been created, the problem I describe will continue to
>> exist.  While I can see an interim solution, creating a calendar
>> server in fedora's infrastructure seems more viable than either yahoo
>> or google's calendar.
>>

>> > 2. If the answer to one is not yes, then I will create one what is being
>> > asked for in question one, regardless of what is said on this list. I
>> > then
>> > pose the question of whether or not to place a link it on the
>> > Releases/latest +1/Schedule page for others to which I want the answer
>> > of
>> > yes or no.
>>
>> That I know of, there has not been a release schedule calendar created
>> for F11.  However, who's going to use the one you create?  If it's
>> just for you, then by all means, but wouldn't it be nice to have one
>> for everyone?  Google calendar and yahoo calendars will not suffice.
>
> It would be used by anyone with Google Calendar, or anyone who can subscribe
> to an ICal feed.

I get that it would/could be used by anyone who can subscribe to an
iCal feed.  That was not my point.

How are you going to convince all of the fedoraproject members to use
your calendar feed?  I'm suspecting you'll find resistance unless it's
official and promoted within the project.  I'm for sure *not* saying
that you can't do a google calendar.  If you shared it with all the
fedoraproject members that some might even use it.  Please feel free
to implement it, but keep in mind that a calendar that you are
referencing isn't going to be as usable as a calendar within the
fedora infrastructure.

Let me know how your calendar feed goes and I'll possibly even
subscribe to it if you keep maintaining it and provide me with editing
rights so I can add events (like what's on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents) to the calendar too.  I'd
love to have that available to me.

Good luck,

Clint