About $self

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:02:49 UTC 2009

On 07/15/2009 05:26 PM, Jorge Gallegos wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I joined the fedora team a while ago, and just recently joined the
> infrastructure team. I'm a equal-parts sysadmin and web developer, done some
> development with java, php, python/django and some other stuff, so I thought
> I would join this group as well.
> The tasks I'm interested in is giving something back in maintenance to the
> fedora sites and at the same time learn about the current setup you have.
> I'm already taking a look at a ticket[1], but I forgot to send the mandatory
> self-introduction here :)

Welcome!  I always love to have programmer/system admins join our team
as I think the perspective of both sides is needed to design good
applications.

If you're interested in doing some application development while you're
here, we have a few projects being worked on.  Most of our web
applications (Bodhi, Mirrormanager, PackageDB, Fedora Account System,
Elections) are presently in TurboGears1.  Transifex
(translate.fedoraproject.org) is in DJango.  Fedora Community/Moksha is
in TurboGears2.  We're working with the documentation team and upstream
to deploy a Zikula instance (with some Modules specific to Fedora).  All
of these are likely to need a constant supply of programming talent :-)

If you want to get involved with this side of Infrastructure, let me
know and I can help work you into one of the teams.  I'm abadger1999 on
IRC as well.

-Toshio