Adding Phone Browser support

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 23 01:59:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Ricky Zhou<ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 2009-07-17 12:53:18 PM, Mel Chua wrote:
>> The front/about page, for the on-the-go scenario of "I wonder what
>> Fedora is/let me show you what Fedora is, this is our homepage." I agree
>> with Mo that mobile browsers of fp.o will probably only look at a few
>> pages.
> As I mentioned on IRC, I think it's unnecessary duplication of effort to
> create a whole new set of pages (or even selectively take away pages)
> for a mobile version of the website.  We can simply use the CSS handheld
> media type to style the page in a way that looks great on those small
> screens.
>
> Thanks,
> Ricky

I've been thinking about this for a few days and I will have to agree
that just creating a CSS stylesheet dedicated for handhelds would be
the approach. The benefit is that there would be a single locations
where updates would occur and it would eliminate (us or someone) from
up keeping another site, which in essence is a duplicate of stuff that
is out there... however, an idea is still have m.fp.o and on that
single page just put links to the major locations on the Fedora
Project universe (docs, planet, fpeople, blogs, etc).

Sijis