fedorahosted.org main page changes

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 24 16:06:35 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-23 12:10:03 AM, Jorge Gallegos wrote:
> This is the other half of the changes, adding the no-trac projects to the main
> page. A summary of changes:
>  - Added a new option to the build.py script so it accepts which VCS to build
> (i.e. -c svn -c git)
>  - Changed the project list to a dict, in order to better be able to compare
> data. Changed template accordingly
>  - The build.py script now looks for all the specified projects inside each VCS
> dir, then loops through all the Trac enabled projects and overwrites the
> VCS-only data with the Trac data if available
>  - Some minor changes to the CSS and some unused variables were removed
>
> I am attaching the patch here, I couldn't fully test the patch with hosted
> projects (since I'm already half asleep) but a list of svn,git and mtn projects
> (pretty printed) is here http://kad.fedorapeople.org/projects.txt . I didn't
> see anything wrong with the structure, so I think is good to go.
> The changes as they stand should make no difference, the Makefile needs to add
> the -c options to the build.py call in order to build the rest of the projects.
Hey, thanks for working on this, it looks good to me as long as the code
changes run fine :-)

We recently had a user who was surprised that the page loaded with the
full list of projects but hid everything but a* shortly after - could we
add an "all" button as well and make it the default?

Thanks,
Ricky