Fedora wiki FIrefox shortcuts

Paul W. Frields pfrields at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 15:43:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:49:56PM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> Thought you folks might appreciate - these are Firefox shortcuts that
> make navigating the wiki much, much faster (I usually whip these up for
> wikis that I spend a lot of time on). I can't imagine I'm the first one
> to come up with this idea, but I couldn't find a prior implementation, so
> here you go.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mchua/Templates
>
> For instance, instead of typing
> "https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mchua/Templates" as above, I typed
> "fu Mchua/Templates" and boom, you're there.
>
> A longer explanation is here, and should be popping on the Planet in a
> moment:
> http://blog.melchua.com/2009/06/09/fedora-wiki-shortcuts-for-firefox/

I use these religiously, including:

fp (for FedoraProject wiki)
bz (for Bugzilla numbers)
w (for Wikipedia)

One thing to watch for is the difference between '%s' and '%S' when
you're using keywords with bookmark searches.  I think the lowercase
version escapes characters which can change the way they're used.