about leonidas name

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 15:38:48 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-11 03:17:16 PM, Juanjo Garcia wrote:
> I think this man is a better reason to call the new distro "Leonidas" than a
> battleship.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonidas_I
> Leonidas the Spartan, a brave warrior from the ancient Greece.
If you're curious about how we pick our names, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Names.  Basically, the tradition
is that there must the relation that "oldname is an X, and newname is
also an X," and the relation can't be the same one that was used last
time.  In this case, the relation turned out to be that Cambridge and
Leonidas were both names of ships in the US Navy.

Thanks,
Ricky