Getting problem for installing fedora

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue May 5 19:26:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 10:04:47PM +0400, jaddoo yadhav wrote:
>    Dear Mr/Mrs
>    ** * * * * * * 3 or 4 days ago i downloaded*Linux*fedora on this
>    link,http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Live/i686/F10-i686-Live.iso,
>    I extracted it as it was a rar file and there was not any ISO file but the

That file should not have been a RAR file, but an ISO file system
image.  There should have been nothing to extract.

>    *files in the folder I burnt it on a*boot able*disc using*Nero*and
>    rebooted my system.

There should not have been a folder - it's just a single file to burn
to the disk using Nero or other tools.

>    Caldera dr-dos started and*Linux*fedora started to
>    install and after some second after i see A:\>*on the screen and as i do

There is no Caldera dr-dos or anything that could present an A:\>
prompt on the CD.

>    not have any notion of Caldera dr-dos or ms dos i cannot continue the
>    installation. Please help me as i really have to use it and i will be very
>    grateful to you.

download.fedoraproject.org is merely a redirector.  Do you by chance
know the IP or DNS name of the actual machine from which you
downloaded the ISO file?  Did you verify that the ISO contents
matched, as described here: http://fedoraproject.org/en/verify
?

I am concerned that what you describe should absolutely never happen,
and that you received something which was not produced by the Fedora
Project.

Do you have any USB keys or similar, attached to this system, which
could have been the source of the Caldera DR-DOS environment, and not
the ISO image?

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wangler