Error on download instructions

Richard Taylor richard.taylor at consultant.com
Tue Nov 17 22:37:40 UTC 2009

Hello,

If I have sent this to the wrong group, please will you forward it.

I have recently downloaded a copy of Fedora 11 using a Windows PC (I know - go wash my mouth out) and I hit a problem when I tried to follow the instructions for verifying the download.

The instructions were on the following page:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/readme-burning-isos/en_US/sn-validating-files.html

In the instructions, it states that the SHA-1 algorithm should be used. At least for the DVD iso image I downloaded, this was wrong.
The correct algorithm was SHA-256.

When I selected the correct algorithm it confirmed that my download was valid. However, I wasted about 20 minutes computing the wrong algorithm and then checking to see what the problem was.

This error should probably be corrected so that other people do not experience the same issue.

Regards,

Richard Taylor